Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why

When I write, I write to exist.
I write to tell, doesn’t matter who,
A band, a brigade, a spirit or a voice,
I write during a time so that at another time
I can remember that old time
And I write so that I can conquer time
And I write so that I can keep going,
And so that I may survive…

When I write I write
So I may take that drink of water
Standing water at the bottom of the well,
I write so that I may eat,
And enjoy food, I write
So that every day is not an exercise,
It is a wonder;
I write so I do not have to
Write ‘I’m sorry’ or ‘I love you’ or ‘Don’t Leave’
I continue to write so I may always have a sense
Of self, a center that is only me
And I continue to write so that I may have strength...
And,
Although I will have to come out of hiding
And answer to the rulers of my life, love, trust, courage, confidence,
Today I may wait just a little
By putting some words down upon a page…

7/1/08

No comments: